When Pop Musicians Write Musicals!
Below are 10 such writers, their 10 Broadway shows, and some of their most famous pop songs. All you have to do is match 'em up! And don't forget to try the bonus questions, too! Good luck!
Writers/Musicians Pop Songs Broadway Show
1. Cyndi Lauper A. "Brave"/"Love Song" a. Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark
2. Dolly Parton B. "King of the Road" b. The Mystery of Edwin Drood
3. Trey Anastasio (Phish) C. "Time After Time" c. AIDA
4. Bono & The Edge (U2) D. "Girls Chase Boys" d. Big River
5. Roger Miller E. "Pride (In the Name of Love)" e. Waitress
6. Elton John F. "Jolene" f. Hands on a Hard Body
7. Sara Bareilles G. "Farmhouse"/"Free" g. Chess
8. Ingrid Michaelson H. "Rocketman" h. Kinky Boots
9. Rupert Holmes I. "Dancing Queen" i. The Notebook
10. Benny Andersson & Bjorn Ulvaeus J. "Escape (Pina Colada Song)" j. 9 to 5
1. Which of the above writer/musicians are Tony Award nominees? Of those, how many took home the trophy?
2. Which of the above writer/musicians have appeared in a Broadway musical? What musicals?