The Friday 5 Quiz:
Which Came First?
1. Andrew Barth Feldman's birth or opening night of Thoroughly Modern Millie
2. Les Miserables or The Phantom of the Opera
3. Steven Pasquale's Broadway debut or Phillipa Soo's Broadway debut
4. The Lyceum Theatre or The Winter Garden Theatre
5. In A Chorus Line: "The Music and the Mirror" or "Dance: Ten, Looks: Three"
***** ***** ***** ***** *****
The Friday 5 Quiz: Name 3
1. Name 3 Sondheim musicals (not revues) that were NOT directed by Hal Prince.
Any 3 of these: Sunday in The Park With George, Passion, West Side Story, Gypsy, ...Forum, Anyone Can Whistle, and Into the Woods
2. Name 3 actresses that opened Sweeney Todd on Broadway playing Mrs. Lovett.
Angela Lansbury (Original), Beth Fowler (1989 Revival) and Patti LuPone (2005 Revival)
3. Name 3 shows that feature a turntable.
There are so many! But here are three that come to mind readily: Hadestown, Dreamgirls, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Joseph...Dreamcoat (revival), My Fair Lady (revival), Victor/Victoria, and of course, Les Miserables!
4. Name 3 songs from musicals that debuted on Broadway in the 21st century that contain the word "kiss."
Any 3: "Girl, Can I Kiss You?" from Cry-Baby, "His Kiss, the Riot" from Hadestown, "Kiss Me Deadly" from Rock of Ages, "Kiss the Girl" from The Little Mermaid, "The Crimson Kiss" from Lestat
5. Name 3 musicals that have a song in them called "I'm Alive."
Xanadu, Next to Normal and Tootsie