The Broadway Box Office Top Ten for the Week of October 24 - 30: (28 productions)
1. The Book of Mormon (Musical) Eugene O'Neill Theatre (1)
2. War Horse (Play) Vivian Beaumont Theatre (2)
3. Disney's The Lion King (Musical) Minskoff Theatre (2)
4. Wicked (Musical) Gershwin Theatre (2)
5. Hugh Jackman: Back on Broadway (Concert) Broadhurst Theatre (-)
6. Relatively Speaking (Play) Brooks Atkinson Theatre (7)
7. Jersey Boys (Musical) August Wilson Theatre (5)
8. Anything Goes (Musical Revival) Stephen Sondheim Theatre (6)
9. Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark (Musical) The Foxwoods Theatre (10)
10. The Mountaintop (Play) Bernard B. Jacobs (7)
- Biggest Increase in Attendance: Ch'ing.lish and Relatively Speaking (+1.1%)
- Biggest Decrease in Attendance: Billy Elliot (-13.7%)
- Biggest Increase in Gross Receipts: Relatively Speaking (+$49,961)
- Biggest Decrease in Gross Receipts: Memphis (-$152,996)
- Highest Average Paid Admission: The Book of Mormon ($154.38)
- Lowest Average Paid Admission: Chi' ng.lish ($49.44)
( - ) : Last Week's Position in Top Ten
The Broadway Box Office Top 10 calculated it as follows:
- Each show's percentage of capacity for the week is ranked from highest (#1) to lowest (#28).
- Each show is ranked by average ticket price from highest (#1) to lowest (#28).
- Any production that showed an improved capacity is deducted 1 point.
- Any production that lost capacity had a point added to their total.
- Any show with the same capacity as the prior week received a zero.
- Any show that increased its total B.O. cash total is deducted 1 point.
- Any show that lost total B.O. cash from the prior week had a point added.
- The production with the biggest loss of capacity overall got an additional point added.
- The production with the greatest gain in capacity got an additional point deducted.
- The show with the lowest total points is number 1, second lowest is number 2, all the way 28.
Box Office figures provided by The Broadway League
LYSISTRATA JONES CONTEST QUESTION #3:
Which recently revived play is about a basketball team?
A. A View from the Bridge
B. Born Yesterday
C. The Boys Next Door
D. That Championship Season
Complete rules and question 1 is with Monday's blog and question 2 is with Tuesday's blog. Look for question 4 at the bottom of tomorrow's blog!