So, readers, what do you think about the new pricing schedule about to be implemented by The Book of Mormon? Click HERE for the details, then take a minute to let me know what you think. Add a comment at the end of today's blog or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
BROADWAY VIDEO OF THE WEEK
What will probably be the only record of Stephanie J. Block's performance in Anything Goes, it is a shame that it showed only on CBS's presentation of the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade, which is cheesy and no one watches. Credit, too, to the dazzling Colin Donnell for rising above and being suave and sophisticated on a New York City roof top.
I enjoyed your annual Thanksgiving blog very much. But how could you have left out your friend Mike on your "thankful for" list? He goes to all the shows with you and even writes for you sometimes. Those of us who follow your blog regularly look forward to hearing about and from him. I am thankful for him. You should be too!
A loyal reader and fan of BOTH Jeff and Mike
Dear Loyal Reader...
Why thank you! And I am sure Mike thanks you, too. Mike knows he's on my "thankful for" list every day, not just at Thanksgiving. He's the best theatre companion and friend ever. And no worries... you'll be hearing from him soon! The American Idiot tour starts up in less than a month.
I hope you and yours have a wonderful holiday season. And you are on my "thankful for" list now, too!
NOW IN PREVIEWS ON BROADWAY
- Bonnie and Clyde: Previews: November 4; Opens: December 1
- Stick Fly: Previews: November 18; Opens: December 8
- On a Clear Day You Can See Forever: Previews: November 12; Opens: December 11
- Lysistrata Jones: Previews: November 12; Opens: December 14
OPENED THIS WEEK ON BROADWAY
- Seminar opened at the John Golden Theatre on November 20. Its StageGrade.com average is a B+.
- An Evening with Patti LuPone and Mandy Patinkin opened at the Ethel Barrymore Theatre on November 21. It has not been addressed by StageGrade.com.
(Seminar and An Evening with Patti LuPone and Mandy Patinkin as seen by Squigs and Ken Fallin)
CLOSED THIS WEEK ON BROADWAY
- Man and Boy closed at the American Airlines Theatre following a limited engagement of 35 previews and 57 performances.
GOOD NEWS ON BROADWAY THIS WEEK
- Today is the last day of the first half of the 2011 - 2012 season. And in this economy, it is nice to report something good about money and industry. God's Favorite Musical, The Book of Mormon, currently has a $39M advance sale. Good for them!
- I know people half her age that would still be out of work, and yet 67 year old Stockard Channing is back doing her Thespian duties in Other Desert Cities a mere 5 days after knee surgery! She's taking off the next two matinees, but still that's six shows. You rock, Stockard!
Rate this blog below and leave your comments here, or email me at email@example.com or Tweet me!
And I am thankful to Jeff for being such a great friend and theater companion too! And thanks also to the reader for thinking of me. :)ReplyDelete