THE 2ND NOMINATIONS BALLOT FOR THE JKTS AWARDS
CLOSES TODAY AT 8PM!
CLICK HERE TO MAKE YOUR NOMINATIONS!
Well, two and half years ago, when I started this blog, I was really doing it mostly for me as an outlet to write about theater. And in the beginning, it really was mostly me - I'd get 5 or 6 hits a day, and I admit it was a thrill. It is hard to imagine that now, most days, I get 1,000 or more!
|My favorite pictorial subject:|
During our time together, I've learned what works and what doesn't. And I've learned that I have two groups of readers, though I am certain there is overlap. There is the group that reads anything and everything to do with Broadway Boys and Ladies (including Broadway Bares, and the ridiculous, but popular "HOT/HOTTER" tournament. The other group seems to be the more studious theater-goer, who reads my reviews, my history pieces and my analysis of show art, logos and commercials. I'm glad to be able to appeal to and satisfy such a wide range of theater fan!
|My favorite show:|
next to normal
I probably would keep doing this even if it was only for me because I love the outlet. But it sure is nice to share it with you.
Over the last 1,000 blogs, I've met and worked with a lot of people. And I'd like to thank you!
- My fellow bloggers and Twitter friends: Esther, Tyler, Jonathan, Chris, and dozens more who stay in contact on and off!
- My Broadway friends who have been so gracious with their time, thoughts and photos: Kristin Chenoweth, Curtis Holbrook, Betty Buckley, Jeff Calhoun, Alex Wyse, Teddy Toye, Josh Segarra, Lindsay Nicole Chapman, and others.
- The folks at Broadway Records and Applause Books who send me stuff to review and share with you.
- Everyone at Serino Coyne and MCC Theatre for their generosity in ticket giveaways for you!
- All of you (including several anonymous parents of Broadway babies) who email me and share your opinions, thoughts and thanks.
- And to the Broadway companies of next to normal and Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark for giving me the most to write about these past 1,000 days (with 58 and 80 blogs each, respectively).
- And, finally, to my best theatre loving friend and editor (and frequent contributor), Mike. I couldn't have done this without your help, support, and honesty.
|My most written on subject:|
Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark
I am now going to celebrate this achievement, by going down south to see Mike and take in Xanadu at Signature Theatre in Virginia!
Best regards to all of you!
P.S.: Please be sure to make your nominations for the 2nd Annual JKTS Awards! Ballot 2 closes tonight at 8PM, and the final ballot goes live tomorrow at 9AM!
P.P.S.: I leave you with a fun video made by the London Cast of Ghost The Musical. Enjoy those abs!
@jkstheatrescene (Twitter); email@example.com (email); Comment below (Blogger)
Congratulations on your 1,000th blog post! A blog isn't an easy thing to keep going so it's quite an achievement. And you manage to keep yours fresh. I enjoy reading your reviews and you come up with such interesting topics for posts. There's always something different. Here's to the next 1,000!ReplyDelete
Congratulations, Jeff, on 1,000 entertaining posts!ReplyDelete