CHECK OUT THE TABS ABOVE FOR PREVIOUS ARTICLES, INCLUDING STANDING @ ZERO, ONE THAT GOT AWAY, #TBT, THE FRIDAY 5! CHECK IT OUT!
AND DON'T FORGET TO SCROLL DOWN THE WHOLE PAGE FOR LINKS TO FEATURED ARTICLES, REVIEWS, SHOW SITES, AND THEATER-RELATED STUFF!
COMING UP ON BROADWAY: Six - Opens: 3.12.20 The Minutes- Opens: 3.15.20 Company - Opens: 3.22.20Diana- Opens: 3.26.20The Lehman Trilogy- Opens: 3.31.20 Mrs. Doubtfire - Opens 4.5.20 Plaza Suite - Previews: 3.13.20, Opens: 4.13.20 American Buffalo - Previews: 3.24.20, Opens: 4.14.20 Sing Street - Previews: 3.26.20, Opens: 4.19.20How I Learned To Drive - Previews: 3.27.20, Opens: 4.22.20 Take Me Out - Previews: 3.31.20, Opens: 4.23.20 Tony Awards Cut Off - 4.23.20 MJ: The Musical - Previews: 7.6.20, Opens: 8.13.20 American Utopia - Opens 9.18.20
THIS WEEK ON THE SITE:3/30: Broadway Heat: Company Edition: The Finals! - 3/31: TBA - 4/1: Mr. Broadway April 2020 -4/2: Musical of the Month:The Drowsy Chaperone- 4/3: The Friday 5
There will be many Broadway debuts this season (most of them in West Side Story!). Of course, even Broadway icons had to start somewhere. That's what this week's quiz is all about. Read carefully! This quiz is tricky... Good luck! The answers will appear at the bottom of next week's Friday 5.
The Friday 5 Quiz:
5 Broadway Debut
True or False
1. TRUE or FALSE: Angela Lansbury made her Broadway debut in Anyone Can Whistle.
2. TRUE or FALSE:Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat marked the Broadway debut of Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice.
3. TRUE or FALSE:Sutton Foster's Broadway debut was in the role of Sandy in Grease.
4. TRUE or FALSE:Aaron Tveit made his Broadway debut in the original cast of Hairspray.
5. TRUE or FALSE:Hamilton's scenic designer, David Korins, made his Broadway debut designing the set for Bridge and Tunnel, a one-woman play. #22