CLICK/TAP THE TABS ABOVE TO ACCESS OUR ARCHIVE OF SHOW AND MEDIA REVIEWS, AS WELL AS FEATURES LIKE BROADWAY WHO'S WHO AND ONE THAT GOT AWAY. COLLECTORS WILL BE INTERESTED IN OUR LIGHTS OF BROADWAY CARDS AND PLAYBILLS FOR SALE!
BROADWAY RETURNS:The Book of Mormon - Resumes 11.5.21 Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Resumes 11.12.21 Dear Evan Hansen - Resumes 12.11.21 Beetlejuice - Resumes 4.8.22
NEW ON BROADWAY: Caroline, or Change -Opens 10.27.21Diana - Previews 11.1.21 Opens 11.17.21 Trouble in Mind - Previews 10.29.21 Opens 11.18.21 Clyde's - Previews 11.3.21 Opens 11.22.21 Mrs. Doubtfire - Opens 12.5.21Flying Over Sunset - Previews 11.11.21 Opens 12.13.21Company - Previews 11.15.21 Opens 12.9.21 Skeleton Crew - Previews 12.21.21 Opens 1.12.22 MJ: The Musical - Previews 12.6.21 Opens 2.1.22The Music Man - Previews 12.20.21 Opens 2.10.22 Paradise Square - Previews 2.22.22 Opens 3.20.22 Take Me Out - Previews 3.9.22 Opens 4.4.22 Birthday Candles - Previews 3.18.22 Opens 4.10.22 The Minutes - TBAPlaza Suite - Previews 2.25.22 Opens 3.28.22 American Buffalo - Previews 3.22.22 Opens 4.14.22 1776 - TBASing Street - TBAOur Town - TBA
COMING UP THIS WEEK: Broadway Play Show Art Tournament: Region 1! - Performers We Can't Wait to See More Of - Broadway in a Box: Guys and Dolls (1992) - One That Got Away: Neil Simon's Rumors-Broadway Games!
There will be many Broadway debuts this season (most of them in West Side Story!). Of course, even Broadway icons had to start somewhere. That's what this week's quiz is all about. Read carefully! This quiz is tricky... Good luck! The answers will appear at the bottom of next week's Friday 5.
The Friday 5 Quiz:
5 Broadway Debut
True or False
1. TRUE or FALSE: Angela Lansbury made her Broadway debut in Anyone Can Whistle.
2. TRUE or FALSE:Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat marked the Broadway debut of Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice.
3. TRUE or FALSE:Sutton Foster's Broadway debut was in the role of Sandy in Grease.
4. TRUE or FALSE:Aaron Tveit made his Broadway debut in the original cast of Hairspray.
5. TRUE or FALSE:Hamilton's scenic designer, David Korins, made his Broadway debut designing the set for Bridge and Tunnel, a one-woman play. #22