Here's a look at what shows will be leaving us shortly:
- The good news here is that this acclaimed play will be returning to Broadway later in the winter/early spring for another limited engagement, this time at the Lyceum Theatre. Both Nina Arianda and Hugh Dancy will be returning, too.
- As you know, this closing really distresses me. But at least they are going to record the score. Still, does anyone else wonder why they are closing on Friday, rather than Saturday or Sunday? Is New Year's Eve overtime THAT costly? I mean, I know they crammed in 8 performances Monday - Friday, but still...
- Snap-snap! This really fun show defied the critics and the odds and ran far longer than anyone ever thought it would. Pretty good, I'd say. The good news, though, is that the theatre won't be dark too long, what with more Ghosts coming in!
- I am a little surprised that Kim Cattrall didn't have more drawing power, and that this is closing a month and half early. On the other hand, I'm mortified that it is being replaced at the Music Box by William Shatner's one man show. Beam me far, far away!
- Come back real soon, Hugh! And best of luck with Les Miserables!
- We are sure glad we met you, Billy! With 10 Tonys, we just assumed you'd be around a tad longer, but 1300+ performances is quite an accomplishment, especially for a British kid going through lots of stuff most Americans don't know about, let alone understand. Electricity, indeed!
- Somehow, I imagined that this would be as tough a ticket as The Book of Mormon. Never underestimate the public's distaste for Many Patinkin, I guess.
- A life-changing experience for me, this production will always hold a special place in my heart.
- Welcome to Broadway Angela Bassett and welcome back to Samuel L. Jackson! Come back soon - star power with actual talent is always welcome.
Unfortunately, I have feeling that these 9 shows won't be the only ones gone by March 1st...
(*) - Limited run, closing as scheduled
(^) - Limited run, closing after being extended
(~) - Limited run, closing early
Rate this blog below and leave your comments, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Tweet me!
Post a Comment