Look to your left! Rate the guys in Round 2 of HOT/HOTTER!
And vote on Broadway's most romantic couples in the February poll, also to your left!
- Video of the week: An Evita preview...kinda...
- How to Succeed contest winners and trivia answers revealed!
- Recent Broadway openings...what did StageGrade give them?
- January Poll results... how many of you couldn't care less about Porgy and Bess?
- HOT/HOTTER Round 1 results: Which "Jesus of Suburbia" is hotter?
- This week's WINNERS: Jordan Roth, the asses of Jersey Boys fans... LOSERS: Scott Rudin, Sat. Mat. Evita ticket holders.
- Best Broadway News of the Week!
BROADWAY/WEST END VIDEO OF THE WEEK:
Elena Roger and the London Company of Evita: "Buenos Aires"
HOW TO SUCCEED CONTEST WINNERS AND TRIVIA ANSWERS
Thanks to all of you who entered! Look for a new contest very soon!
Here are the answers to the trivia contest questions:
- C - Kevin (Joe, as some of you answered, appeared in Baz Lurman's La Boheme.)
- B - La Boheme (That was Joe, not Nick. And Nick appeared as Link Larkin in the Hollywood Bowl presentation of Hairspray.)
- A - TRUE (Nick was Gavroche in the original production of Les Miserables; he played Marius in the London production, as well as in the Anniversary Concert presentation.)
- D - Darren Criss (Darren Criss replaced Daniel Radcliffe; Nick replaced Darren.)
- A - TRUE (Robert Morse (30), Matthew Broderick (33) and Daniel Radcliffe (22) were all older than 19 when the played Finch. Darryl Hickman (31), John Stamos (32), and Darren Criss (24 - he turns 25 TODAY!!) all replacements on Broadway, were also all older than 19.)
RECENT BROADWAY OPENINGS
- The Gershwins' Porgy and Bess opened at the Richard Rodgers Theatre on January 12, following previews from December 17. Its StageGrade average is a B+.
- The Road to Mecca opened at the American Airlines Theatre on January 17, following previews from December 16. Its StageGrade average is a B.
- Wit opened at the Samuel Friedman Theatre on January 26, following previews from January 5. Its StageGrade average is a B+.
- Venus in Fur reopens February 7 at the Lyceum Theatre, following a hiatus from December 19. Its StageGrade average is an A-.
JANUARY'S POLL RESULTS:
Question: Why have you seen/are you interested in seeing The Gershwins' Porgy and Bess?
Results based on 72 votes:
- 55.6% - The Casting (I'm a big Audra and Norm fan!)
- 22.2% - I have no interest in this production
- 11.1% - Fandom (I see every musical that opens each season.)
- 5.6% - The Score (George and Ira Gershwin are amazing composers/lyricists!)
- 5.6% - The Controvery (I want to see what the big deal is!)
- 0% - The Show (Porgy and Bess is one of my favorites!)
- 0% - The Scuttlebutt (Is it is good/bad as the chatrooms say it is?)
ROUND 1 of HOT/HOTTER RESULTS:
Results based on 115 votes:
- John Gallagher, Jr. : 7.92 average rating
- Van Hughes: 8.02 average rating
RATE THE HOT/HOTTER "GEEKY GUY" - Nick Blaemire (Godspell) vs Adam Chanler-Berat (Peter and the Starcatcher, RENT) CLICK HERE.
THE BROADWAY WINNERS AND LOSERS OF THE WEEK:
- Scott Rudin, former producer of Clybourne Park on Broadway: I have four words for you. Nanny. Nanny. Boo. Boo.
- Fans of high class cabaret: The Oak Room will not re-open after renovations to the Algonquin Hotel are complete. Another tradition gone...
- Elena Roger fans who already purchased Evita tickets for Saturday matinees and Wednesday evenings: She won't be there. Alternate Christina DeCicco will be. Sorry.
- Jordan Roth, new producer of Clybourne Park on Broadway: Thank you, Mr. Roth for remembering that good plays still need to be seen on Broadway.
- The asses of Jersey Boys fans: Looks like that $2 restoration fee really does go for improvements. There are new ergonomic seats at the August Wilson Theatre.
- Fans of Idina Menzel: She is heavily hinting at a return...
- Those who haven't seen or want to see Other Desert Cities: Tickets are on sale through June 17!
- Fans of The Goodbye Girl: Rumor has it that a Bernadette Peters/Martin Short revival of I Do! I Do! is really going to happen! They are magical together!
BEST BROADWAY NEWS OF THE WEEK:
Adam Guettel is working on FOUR new musicals! Read about it HERE!
Post a Comment