VOTE IN THIS MONTH'S BROADWAY POLL!
VOTE IN ROUND 2 OF HOT/HOTTER!
LOOK TO YOUR LEFT AND CLICK THE ICONS!
Merrily We Roll Along is currently enjoying a revival at City Center as part of the Encores! series. In the show, which is told in reverse chronological order, the lyrical question "How did you get to be here?" comes up often. All of the best Broadway shows ask the "really important questions."
Here are some of the "bigger questions" posed by some of Broadway's biggest hits - and a few flops, too.
Identify each in one of these ways:
- EASY: name the show it comes from
- CHALLENGING: name the song and the show
- MASTER CLASS: name the show, the song and the character who sings or asks the question.
(HINT: Each lyric with an "*" comes from a Tony winning Best Musical and/or Best Musical Revival)
- *What do you do with a B.A. in English?
- Does your mother know?
- How 'bout a dance?
- What do you get when you fall in love?
- I sort of hate to ask it, but do you have a basket?
- Isn't it good to know that good will conquer evil?
- How can you get so far off the track? Why don't you turn around and go back?
8. Didn't I see this movie with McMurphy and the nurse?
9. *How many people does he need? How many boys? How many girls?
10. *Who's got the pain?
11. *Who am I? Who am I?
12. *Who's that girl, with the chic shoulder pads and the stockings with the seams?
13. *How often is someone concerned with the tiniest thread of your life?
14. *Why watch me die, like Eliza in the ice?
15. *God, its good - the lovin' - ain't it good tonight?
16. Where is love?
17. Why did you do it Johnny?
18. *Look-a here, Huck, do you wanna go to Heaven?
19. *You there! Why are you so late?
20. *What's the sound of the world out there?
21. Who will love me as I am?
22. *Who will it be? Who will it be?
23. Do you know what's worth fighting for?
Post a Comment