YOUR FAVORITE BROADWAY COUPLES (FROM SHOWS)
Some classics you mentioned:
- Anna and the King (The King and I)
- Nathan Detroit and Miss Adelaide (Guys and Dolls)
- Marian Paroo and Harold Hill (The Music Man)
- Danny Zuko and Sandy Dumbrowski (Grease)
- Nellie Forbush and Emile de Becque (South Pacific)
Some more modern couples you mentioned - The Top 5:
5. Raoul and Christine Daae (The Phantom of the Opera) (The Phantom and Christine got some votes, too.)
4. Boy and Molly (Peter and the Starcatcher)
3. Princeton and Kate Monster (Avenue Q)
2. Elphaba and Fiyero (Wicked)
1. Marius and Cosette (Les Miserables) (Marius and Eponine got a few votes, too.)
Honorable Mention: Sky and Sophie (Mamma Mia!) and Link Larkin and Tracy Turnblad (Hairspray)
YOUR MOST DISAPPOINTING SHOWS:
@BBwithPickles: The revival of A Chorus Line "uninspired, boring and drawn out"
@kevinddaly: Clybourne Park "I expected to be wowed, instead I was let-down and a bit bored."
(@ydavey and @tapeworthy agreed)
@TwoShow Days: "Priscilla & Kinky Boots were both extremely tame for shows about drag queens. And the acclaimed War Horse bored me."
@mrtylermartins: "Definitely Golden Boy"
Some of you asked what current shows disappointed me. Hmmm... Big Fish and Jersey Boys for sure!
Keep sending in your choices for future blogs!