The Friday 5:
5 Things About
13: The Musical
THEN & NOW:
Eamon Foley, Henry Hodges, Brynn Williams
- Eamon Foley (Richie), Henry Hodges (understudy) and Brynn Williams (Cassie) were already Broadway veterans when the show opened on October 5, 2008.
Out of the entire cast of 13, only 3 are currently involved in a Broadway show.
- Riley Costello (understudy) is currently playing Boq in Wicked, Corey J. Snide (Evan alternate) is currently in West Side Story and Eric Nelsen (Brett) is a producer of The Inheritance.
There are 9 cast members who have 13 as their only Broadway credit.
- Among those nine are the lead actor Graham Phillips (Evan) and pop princess Ariana Grande (Charlotte). I'm guessing she's been pretty busy. Even after they dated!
The cast and musicians of 13 were famously all teenagers.
- One of those musicians has made quite a name for himself in theater circles. In 13 Charlie Rosen played swing bass, guitar and percussion. These days, he's played, orchestrated and music supervised such shows as Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson, American Psycho, Honeymoon in Vegas, Be More Chill and Moulin Rouge!
The star of 13 has had a successful and very varied career.
- Though Graham Phillips (Evan) has yet to return to Broadway, he's done a lot. Among his credits, he's had a co-starring role in TV's The Good Wife, and a featured role on Riverdale, been a soloist at The Metropolitan Opera House, sang the national anthem at a Dodgers game, sang on Meatloaf's Bat Out of Hell III album, and most recently co-wrote and co-directed a film with his brother. Oh, yes... he was also Prince Eric in Disney's The Little Mermaid Live.
***** ***** *****
The Answers to Last Week's Friday 5 Quiz
The Broadway Costumes of Sutton Foster
1. Millie Dillmount Thoroughly Modern Millie
2. Princess Fiona Shrek: The Musical
3. Reno Sweeney Anything Goes
4. Janet Van De Graaff The Drowsy Chaperone
5. Jo March Little Women: The Musical
Post a Comment