ABOUT THE SHOW:
Ellen Barkin (Emmy® Winner, Before Women Had Wings), Patrick Breen (Next Fall), Mark Harelik (Mrs. Warren's Profession), John Benjamin Hickey (The Big C), Joe Mantello (Tony® nominee, Angels in America), Luke Macfarlane (Brothers and Sisters), Lee Pace (Golden Globe nominee, Pushing Daisies), Jim Parsons (Emmy® Winner, The Big Bang Theory), Richard Topol (The Merchant of Venice) and Wayne Alan Wilcox (Coram Boy) head the all-star cast in the Broadway premiere presentation of Larry Kramer’s The Normal Heart. Hailed by London’s National Theatre as “one of the greatest 100 plays of the 20th century,” this groundbreaking story of love, rage and pride comes to Broadway for 96 performances only.
The story of a city in denial, The Normal Heart unfolds like a real-life political thriller—as a tight-knit group of friends refuses to let doctors, politicians and the press bury the truth of an unspoken epidemic behind a wall of silence. A quarter-century after it was written, this outrageous, unflinching, and totally unforgettable look at the sexual politics of New York during the AIDS crisis remains one of the theatre’s most powerful evenings ever.
(Don't want to play, but still want to see the show? Scroll to the bottom of this blog for a special link to a discount for The Normal Heart!)
HOW TO PLAY:
- Starting TODAY (and Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday) there will be a trivia question at the end of my blog for the day. Each multiple-choice question will be related to the play The Normal Heart.
- Collect each answer, and submit all 5 to me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete, acceptable entries will:
- Put NORMAL HEART CONTEST in the Subject Line
- Include your name, city and state.
- List the answers in order, with the correct letter or letters AND the answers (Ex. 1. B. Playbill Magazine)
- I will collect entries between 4PM on Thursday, April 21 and 4PM on Friday, April 22. No entries will be accepted after 4PM (Eastern) on Friday, April 22. (This is a change from the originally posted time due to a delay in the final question being posted.)
- Any entry that does not meet the guidelines will be disqualified.
- ONE ENTRY PER EMAIL ADDRESS. ONE WINNER PER HOUSEHOLD.
- The winners will be selected at random from all entries that have all the correct answers. You will be notified via email if you have won by 6:30 PM Eastern on Friday, April 22.
- Winners will receive one voucher, good for two complimentary tickets to The Normal Heart on Broadway at the John Golden Theatre. The vouchers are good for performance through May 22. (Availability of tickets is subject to prior sale and there may be blackout dates.)
- You will need to be able to fax your voucher to the company, and provide both the voucher AND a photo ID in order to pick up tickets which will be held for you at the Box Office. You will need to send in your ticket request AT LEAST 96 hours in advance.
- JK's TheatreScene is NOT responsible for unreceived or returned emails. It is also not responsible for the rules/guidelines for redeeming winning vouchers, ticket availability or seat location, or who appears in any given performance or not.
- Entries that do not meet the guidelines, or multiple entries from the same email or household will all be disqualified.
- Contributors to this blog (and their families) are NOT eligible to enter. (If you have ever left a comment, you ARE eligible!)
Don't want to play? Don't think you'll win? Can't go to the show during the times allotted by the vouchers? Then use the link below to get a great discount on tickets to The Normal Heart!
Remember! Look for a new trivia question TODAY (scroll down), Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday!
Disclaimer: I have never received any form of compensation for sponsoring this contest. I am not in any way affiliated with the Broadway production, its producers, cast, crew or creative team. This contest is open to readers of JK's TheatreScene, and winners, by virtue of their entry, are confirming that they can use the prize as provided within the guidelines and time period it is valid. All entries, email addresses and names will remain confidential, and will be permanently deleted on May 22, 2011.
TRIVIA QUESTION #1:
Ellen Barkin heads the cast of The Normal Heart. Is this is her Broadway debut?
Look for question #2 at the bottom of Monday's blog! And remember, you need to give the letter AND the answer on your entry!
(Photo of The Normal Heart star Ellen Barkin)