Maybe you've seen one of the plays of Martin McDonagh - The Beauty Queen of Leenane, The Pillowman, or The Lieutenant of Inishmore. Or maybe you are a fan of Daniel Radcliffe - his stage work has been terrific (Equus, How to Succeed...). Either way (or both!), have I got a contest for you! Enter this contest to win a pair of tickets to McDonagh's latest play to make it to Broadway, starring Radcliffe, The Cripple of Inishmaan! This contest will end at Midnight on Sunday, March 9th.
ABOUT THE PRODUCTION:
“Daniel Radcliffe delivers his finest performance to date. He is remarkable,” raves The New York Times.
Radcliffe, star of the eight Harry Potter films, makes a triumphant return to Broadway following his 10-month sold out run in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying in the Broadway premiere of Martin McDonagh's riotous comedy directed by Tony® award winner Michael Grandage.
Set on the remote island of Inishmaan off the west coast of Ireland, word arrives that a Hollywood film is being made on the neighboring island of Inishmore. The one person who wants to be in the film more than anybody is young Cripple Billy (Radcliffe), if only to break away from the bitter tedium of his daily life. McDonagh’s comic masterpiece examines an ordinary coming-of-age in extraordinary circumstances and confirms his position as one of the most original Irish voices to emerge in the second half of the twentieth century.
"5 Stars! A stupendous performance by Daniel Radcliffe. The finest piece of acting I have seen all year.” - Tim Walker, The Sunday Telegraph
“The most politically incorrect play in the West End – and probably the funniest.” - Robert Gore-Langton, The Mail on Sunday
(Left to Right) Daniel Radcliffe, Martin McDonagh, Michael Grandage
- Answer the following three questions.
- Email the answers to the questions, letter AND answer like this : 1. D. Angela Lansbury
- Include your full name and city and state.
- Send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Heading INISHMAAN CONTEST
1. TRUE or FALSE: Daniel Radcliffe is a Tony nominee for his work in How to Succeed...
2. Director Michael Grandage won a Tony Award for his direction of:
C. Mary Stuart
3. All of the following plays by Martin McDonagh were nominated for the Best Play Tony EXCEPT:
A. The Beauty Queen of Leenane
B. A Behanding in Spokane
C. The Lonesome West
D. The Lieutenant of Inishmore
THE FINE PRINT
- The tickets are good for Tuesday through Thursday performances. Blackout dates may apply.
- Winners of the ticket contests from JK's TheatreScene for any show during the 2013 - 2014 Broadway season are NOT eligible for this contest.
- ONE ENTRY per email address.
- Entries must be received by MIDNIGHT on Sunday, March 9, 2014.
- JK's TheatreScene is NOT responsible for lost or late emails, ticket availability, seat location or the absence of any cast members.
MORE ABOUT THE SHOW: ONLINE and SOCIAL NETWORKS
- Website: www.TheCrippleofInishmaan.com
- Facebook: www.Facebook.com/InishmaanBway
- Twitter: www.Twitter.com/InishmaanBway
- Instagram: www.Instagram.com/InishmaanBway
Tickets are currently available on Telecharge.com:
THEATRE and PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE
- The Cort Theatre, 138 West 48th Street (btwn 6th & 7th Aves), New York, NY 10036
- Previews begin Saturday, April 12. Opening Night is Sunday, April 20.
- Tuesdays: 7pm, Wednesdays: 2pm and 8pm, Thursdays: 7pm, Fridays: 8pm, Saturdays: 2pm & 8pm, Sundays: 3pm