The Kennedy Center’s lavish and landmark new staging of James Goldman and Stephen Sondheim’s Tony Award®-winning musical FOLLIES comes to Broadway’s Marquis Theatre (46th St. between Broadway and 8th) for an historic limited engagement, complete with its 28-piece orchestra and a cast of 41—led by such Broadway babies as two-time Tony® winner Bernadette Peters, four-time Tony® nominee Jan Maxwell, two-time Tony® nominee Danny Burstein, three-time Emmy nominee Ron Raines and Olivier Award winner Elaine Paige.
And here's the best news of all! The folks over at Follies have asked me to sponsor a contest! There will be TWO lucky winners of a pair of tickets each to a performance of Follies at the Marquis Theatre on Broadway!
(Don't want to play, but still want to see the show? Scroll down this blog for a special link to a discount for Follies!)
- Starting TODAY (and every day this week through Friday) there will be a trivia question at the end of my blog for the day. Each multiple-choice question will be about the stars of this revival of Follies.
- Collect each answer, and submit all 5 to me via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST:
Complete, acceptable entries will:
- Put FOLLIES CONTEST in the Subject Line
- Include your name, city and state.
- List the answers in order, with the correct letter or letters AND the answers (Ex. 1. B. Playbill Magazine)
- I will collect entries between noon on Friday, August 5 and midnight on Saturday, August 6. No entries will be accepted after midnight (Eastern) on Saturday, August 6.
- Any entry that does not meet the guidelines will be disqualified.
- ONE ENTRY PER EMAIL ADDRESS. ONE WINNER PER HOUSEHOLD.
- The winners will be selected at random from all entries that have all the correct answers. You will be notified via email if you have won by NOON Eastern on Sunday, August 7.
- Winners will receive one voucher, good for two complimentary tickets to Follies on Broadway at the Marquis Theatre. The vouchers are good for any Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday evening performance between August 16 and September 29. (Availability of tickets is subject to prior sale and there may be blackout dates.) Performances are Tues, Weds, and Thurs at 8PM (Tuesday, September 13, 20 and 27 at 7PM).
- You will need to be able to fax your voucher to the company, and provide both the voucher AND a photo ID in order to pick up tickets which will be held for you at the Box Office. You will need to send in your ticket request AT LEAST 1 week in advance, and NOT the week of.
THE FINE PRINT:
- JK's TheatreScene is NOT responsible for unreceived or returned emails. It is also not responsible for the rules/guidelines for redeeming winning vouchers, ticket availability or seat location, or who appears in any given performance or not.
- Entries that do not meet the guidelines, or multiple entries from the same email or household will all be disqualified.
- Contributors to this blog (and their families) are NOT eligible to enter. Contributors are persons who have written whole blogs for this site, not people who have written comments or sent things in to “ASK JEFF.”
HOW TO GET A DISCOUNT:
- Don't want to play? Don't think you'll win? Can't go to the show during the times allotted by the vouchers? Then use the link and details below to get a great discount on tickets to Follies!
Purchase by August 6:
- $79 Orchestra/Front Mezz (reg. $135/$125)
- $55 Mid Mezz (reg. $95/$85)
To order by August 6, use code 1BUDDY
Purchase Between August 7 – October 2
- $89 Orchestra/Front Mezz (reg. $135/$125)
- $65 Mid Mezz (reg. $95/$85)
Order August 7 – October 2, Use code 2BUDDY
- Call: 877-250-2929
- Online: Ticketmaster.com (CLICK HERE.)
- Visit: The Marquis Theater, 46th Street between Broadway and 8th Ave.
- Website: www.FolliesBroadway.com
**Conditions: Valid for performances through 10/2/11 All prices include $2 facilities fees. Limit 8 tickets per order. Offer subject to availability and prior sale. ALL SALES FINAL. No refunds or exchanges. Telephone and Internet sales are subject to standard service fees. Offer may be revoked at any time or modified at any time without notice.
Remember! Look for a new trivia question TODAY (scroll down), tomorrow, and every day this week!
TRIVIA QUESTION #1:
For which show did Bernadette Peters NOT receive a Tony nomination for Best Actress in a Musical?
A. Into the Woods
B. Sunday in the Park with George
C. The Goodbye Girl
D. Mack and Mabel
Look for question #2 at the bottom of tomorrow's blog! And remember, you need to give the letter AND the answer on your entry!
Disclaimer: I have never received any form of compensation for sponsoring this contest. I am not in any way affiliated with the Broadway production, its producers, cast, crew or creative team. This contest is open to readers of JK's TheatreScene, and winners, by virtue of their entry, are confirming that they can use the prize as provided within the guidelines and time period it is valid. All entries, email addresses and names will remain confidential, and will be permanently deleted on September 29, 2011.
Logo and photos provided by FolliesBroadway, and photos are copyrighted by that company. Photos are by Joan Marcus.