After an acclaimed run at LaJolla Playhouse, Hands on a Hardbody has arrived on Broadway! And now here’s your chance to get your hands on a pair of tickets! But you have to act FAST! Check out all the details below, then enter to win by Wednesday, February 27 at 7PM!
ABOUT THE SHOW AND ITS CREATORS
TEN Contestants. FOUR Days. ONE Truck. A new musical about holding onto a dream…and not letting go.
For ten hard-luck Texans, a new lease on life is so close they can touch it. Under a scorching sun for days on end, armed with nothing but hope, humor and ambition, they’ll fight to keep at least one hand on a brand-new truck in order to win it. In the hilarious, hard-fought contest that is Hands on a Hardbody, only one winner can drive away with the American Dream.
Inspired by true events, this new musical features a book by Doug Wright (Pulitzer Prize winner, I Am My Own Wife), lyrics by Amanda Green (Bring It On: The Musical), and music by Trey Anastasio (Phish) and Amanda Green. Directed by Neil Pepe (Speed-The-Plow) with musical staging by Sergio Trujillo (Jersey Boys, Memphis), it is based on the acclaimed 1997 documentary of the same name by S.R. Bindler, produced by Kevin Morris and Bindler.
For more information via online and social networks:
- Website: http://www.handsonahardbody.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HardbodyMusical
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/HardbodyMusical
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/hardbodymusical
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/HardbodyMusical
- Two tickets to Hands on a Hardbody on Broadway at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre.
- The winner will receive a voucher redeemable for two tickets to any Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday performance March 4 - 28, 2013. (Offer excludes Thursday, March 21.)
- Answer the following 5 questions.
- Put the answers (Letter AND Answer, Ex. B. Angela Lansbury) in an email with HARDBODY CONTEST in the subject heading and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name and location.
- Entries will be accepted until 7PM on Wednesday, February 27. One entry per email address. Duplicates will be disqualified.
1. One of the stars of the show, Keith Carradine, played which real-life person in a 1991 musical?
a. Charlie Chaplin
b. Florenz Ziegfeld
c. Will Rogers
d. Johnny Cash
2. Lyricist Amanda Green provided lyrics for which other musical?
a. The Story of My Life
b. High Fidelity
c. Urban Cowboy
d. On the Town
3. Jay Armstrong Johnson understudied Aaron Tveit in which show?
c. Catch Me If You Can
d. Next to Normal
4. Hardbody’s musical stager, Sergio Trujillo, won a Tony Award for his choreography for Jersey Boys.
5. Trey Anastasio, who wrote the music for Hardbody, is a member of which band?
b. Green Day
c. Bon Jovi
THE FINE PRINT
- One entry per email address. Duplicates will be disqualified.
- If you won a contest from this blog for tickets to any shows this season (Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?, Old Jews Telling Jokes, The Heiress, Scandalous, Chaplin, Peter and the Starcatcher, Golden Boy, Dead Accounts, Nice Work If You Can Get It or Orphans) you are NOT eligible to win this contest.
- JK's TheatreScene is not responsible for late or lost entries.
- JK's TheatreScene is not responsible for changes in casting, seats received by the winner, cancelled or missed performances.
- Following the complete rules for collecting the prize is the sole responsibility of the winner.
Post a Comment