Well, here we are at long last! The final set of clues for this Diva-themed crossword puzzle is below and the answewrs will appear next week for the whole puzzle. I hope you had fun doing this one; I had fun making it up. Did I remember your favorite diva?
If you are just joining us, all of the clues for this puzzle are available by clicking on "Broadway Games" above and scrolling down to Puzzle #2.
Remember: Any unaccounted for blocks are either black or being used by previous clues. The clues also appear at the bottom in "standard crossword format," and yes, the pictures included are clues to the answers.
1. Row 27, Block 14. 51 Across: 9 Letters: She played Melpomene in Xanadu.
2. Row 27, Block 29. 52 Down: 5 Letters: She knows when the sun'll come out.
3. Row 28, Block 1. 53 Across: 5 Letters: My Fair Lady's Miss Doolittle.
4. Row 28, Block 25. 54 Across: 6 Letters: She toasts the ladies who lunch.
5. Row 29, Block 13. 55 Across: 10 Letters: She played PT Barum's wife.
6. Row 30, Block 1. 56 Across: 3 Letters: Her dance card read "Dance: 10, Looks: 3."
7. Row 30, Block 6. 57 Across: 5 Letters: How do you solve a problem like her?
8. Row 31, Block 21. 58 Across: 6 Letters: Jo March's mother.
9. Row 31, Block 29. 59 Across: 5 Letters: She told you she's NOT going!
51 She played Melpomene in Xanadu
53 My Fair Lady's Miss Doolittle
54 She toasts the ladies who lunch
55 She played PT Barnum's wife
56 Her dance card read "Dance: 10, Looks: 3."
57 How do you solve a problem like her?
58 Jo March's mother
59 She told you she's NOT going!
52 She knows when the sun'll come out
Comments? Leave one here or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HERE'S WHAT'S NEW ON THE SITE:
CLICK/TAP THE TABS ABOVE TO ACCESS OUR ARCHIVE OF SHOW AND MEDIA REVIEWS, AS WELL AS FEATURES LIKE BROADWAY WHO'S WHO AND ONE THAT GOT AWAY. COLLECTORS WILL BE INTERESTED IN OUR LIGHTS OF BROADWAY CARDS AND PLAYBILLS FOR SALE!
BROADWAY RETURNS: Chicago, The Lion King, Hamilton and Wicked - Resume 9.14.21 Come From Away - Resumes 9.21.21 Moulin Rouge! - Resumes 9.24.21 Aladdin - Resumes 9.28.21 Tina - Resumes 10.8.21 Ain't Too Proud - Resumes 10.16.21 Jagged Little Pill - Resumes 10.21.21 The Phantom of the Opera - Resumes 10.22.21 Dear Evan Hansen - Resumes 12.11.21
NEW ON BROADWAY: SIX - Previews 9.17.21 Opens 10.7.21 Caroline, or Change -Previews 10.8.21 Opens 10.27.21 Trouble in Mind - Previews 10.8.21 Opens 10.27.21 Mrs. Doubtfire - Previews 10.21.21 Opens 12.5.21 Flying Over Sunset - Previews 11.4.21 Opens 12.6.21 Diana - Previews 12.1.21 Opens 12.16.21 Company - Previews 12.20.21 Opens 1.9.22 MJ: The Musical - Previews 12.6.21 Opens 2.1.22 The Music Man - Previews 12.20.21 Opens 2.10.22 Birthday Candles - Previews 3.18.22 Opens 4.10.22 The Lehman Trilogy - TBA The Minutes - TBA MJ: The Musical - TBAPlaza Suite - Previews TBA American Buffalo - TBA Take Me Out - TBA 1776 - TBA Sing Street - TBA Our Town - TBA Thoughts of a Colored Man - TBA Pass Over - TBA
COMING UP THIS WEEK: 5/10: 1970s Broadway Musical Logo Madness! Elimination Group D! - 5/11: This Week in Broadway History - 5/12: Broadway Who's Who - 5/13: Broadway Media TBA - 5/14: Broadway Game!
Contact us: email@example.com (Email); @jkstheatrescene (Twitter); jkstheatrescene (Instagram)