Welcome back to the second Broadway Crossword by Blog! If you are just joining this blog (welcome!) or are just joining this puzzle, click HERE for Part 1, and HERE for Part 2!
At this point, you should have the first 11 rows filled in, with some of the later "down" answers dangling into later rows. Remember: Any unaccounted for blocks after you fill in your answers you can assume are black squares.
Here are the clues with instructions. The clues written like a normal crossword puzzle are below, along with pictures that ARE clues to the clues! Good luck!
1. Row 12, Block 5. 26 Down: 6 Letters: He played Edna.
2. Row 13, Block 18. 27 Down: 6 Letters: Little Women author.
3. Row 13, Block 31. 28 Down: 12 Letters: She played Golda Mier* SEE BELOW
4. Row 14, Block 7. 29 Across: 13 Letters: She won a Tony for Ragtime.
5. Row 15, Block 28. 30 Down: 12 Letters: Victor and Victoria.
6. Row 16, Block 1. 31 Down: 7 Letters: Show for Velma and Roxie.
7. Row 16, Block 12. 32 Down: 11 Letters: Edie and Little Edie were the subjects of this musical.
8. Row 16, Block 21. 33 Across: 4 Letters: According to her, "Everything's Alright."
9. Row 16, Block 30. 34 Across: 4 Letters: Simba's girl.
29 She won a Tony for Ragtime
33 According to her, "Everything's Alright"
34 Simba's girl
26 He played Edna
27 Little Women author
28 She played Golda Meir*
30 Victor and Victoria
31 Show for Velma and Roxie
32 Edie and Little Edie were the subjects of this musical
* ANSWER: Tovah Feldshuh. BUT when I put the answer into the crossword program, I misspelled her first name, which effects further clues. So for this puzzle, spell the answer TOVAFELDSHUH. Sorry! And my apologies to Ms. Feldshuh.)
Comments? Leave one here or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HERE'S WHAT'S NEW ON THE SITE:
CLICK/TAP THE TABS ABOVE TO ACCESS OUR ARCHIVE OF SHOW AND MEDIA REVIEWS, AS WELL AS FEATURES LIKE BROADWAY WHO'S WHO AND ONE THAT GOT AWAY. COLLECTORS WILL BE INTERESTED IN OUR LIGHTS OF BROADWAY CARDS AND PLAYBILLS FOR SALE!
BROADWAY RETURNS:The Book of Mormon - Resumes 11.5.21 Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Resumes 11.12.21 Dear Evan Hansen - Resumes 12.11.21 Beetlejuice - Resumes 4.8.22
NEW ON BROADWAY: Caroline, or Change -Opens 10.27.21 Diana - Previews 11.1.21 Opens 11.17.21 Trouble in Mind - Previews 10.29.21 Opens 11.18.21 Clyde's - Previews 11.3.21 Opens 11.22.21 Mrs. Doubtfire - Opens 12.5.21 Flying Over Sunset - Previews 11.11.21 Opens 12.13.21 Company - Previews 11.15.21 Opens 12.9.21 Skeleton Crew - Previews 12.21.21 Opens 1.12.22 MJ: The Musical - Previews 12.6.21 Opens 2.1.22 The Music Man - Previews 12.20.21 Opens 2.10.22 Paradise Square - Previews 2.22.22 Opens 3.20.22 Take Me Out - Previews 3.9.22 Opens 4.4.22 Birthday Candles - Previews 3.18.22 Opens 4.10.22 The Minutes - TBA Plaza Suite - Previews 2.25.22 Opens 3.28.22 American Buffalo - Previews 3.22.22 Opens 4.14.22 1776 - TBA Sing Street - TBA Our Town - TBA
COMING UP THIS WEEK: Broadway Play Show Art Tournament: Region 1! - Performers We Can't Wait to See More Of - Broadway in a Box: Guys and Dolls (1992) - One That Got Away: Neil Simon's Rumors - Broadway Games!
Contact us: email@example.com (Email); @jkstheatrescene (Twitter); jkstheatrescene (Instagram)