Welcome back to the second Broadway Crossword by Blog! If you are just joining this blog (welcome!) or are just joining this puzzle, click HERE for Part 1, and HERE for Part 2!
At this point, you should have the first 11 rows filled in, with some of the later "down" answers dangling into later rows. Remember: Any unaccounted for blocks after you fill in your answers you can assume are black squares.
Here are the clues with instructions. The clues written like a normal crossword puzzle are below, along with pictures that ARE clues to the clues! Good luck!
1. Row 12, Block 5. 26 Down: 6 Letters: He played Edna.
2. Row 13, Block 18. 27 Down: 6 Letters: Little Women author.
3. Row 13, Block 31. 28 Down: 12 Letters: She played Golda Mier* SEE BELOW
4. Row 14, Block 7. 29 Across: 13 Letters: She won a Tony for Ragtime.
5. Row 15, Block 28. 30 Down: 12 Letters: Victor and Victoria.
6. Row 16, Block 1. 31 Down: 7 Letters: Show for Velma and Roxie.
7. Row 16, Block 12. 32 Down: 11 Letters: Edie and Little Edie were the subjects of this musical.
8. Row 16, Block 21. 33 Across: 4 Letters: According to her, "Everything's Alright."
9. Row 16, Block 30. 34 Across: 4 Letters: Simba's girl.
29 She won a Tony for Ragtime
33 According to her, "Everything's Alright"
34 Simba's girl
26 He played Edna
27 Little Women author
28 She played Golda Meir*
30 Victor and Victoria
31 Show for Velma and Roxie
32 Edie and Little Edie were the subjects of this musical
* ANSWER: Tovah Feldshuh. BUT when I put the answer into the crossword program, I misspelled her first name, which effects further clues. So for this puzzle, spell the answer TOVAFELDSHUH. Sorry! And my apologies to Ms. Feldshuh.)
Comments? Leave one here or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HERE'S WHAT'S NEW ON THE SITE:
CLICK/TAP THE TABS ABOVE TO ACCESS OUR ARCHIVE OF SHOW AND MEDIA REVIEWS, AS WELL AS FEATURES LIKE MR. AND MS. BROADWAY, STANDING @ ZERO AND ONE THAT GOT AWAY. COLLECTORS WILL BE INTERESTED IN OUR LIGHTS OF BROADWAY CARDS AND PLAYBILLS FOR SALE!
COMING UP ON BROADWAY: SIX - Opens Company - Previews Diana - Previews The Lehman Trilogy - Previews Mrs. Doubtfire - Previews The Minutes - Previews MJ: The Musical - Previews 9.21 Plaza Suite - Previews TBA American Buffalo - Previews TBA Take Me Out - Previews 3.22.21 The Music Man - Previews 12.20.21 1776 - Previews TBA Caroline, or Change -Previews TBA Flying Over Sunset - Fall 2021 Our Town - TBA Birthday Candles - Fall 2021 Sing Street -Winter 2021
COMING UP THIS WEEK: 10/26: 1990s Broadway Musical Logo Madness! The Big 32: Elton John Region - 10/27: Mr. Broadway October 2020 - 10/28: Musical of the Month: Hairspray: The Films - 10/29: Ms. Broadway October 2020 - 10/30: The Broadway Game of the Week
Contact us: email@example.com (Email); @jkstheatrescene (Twitter); jkstheatrescene (Instagram)
WE'VE ADDED MORE 2019 AND MEGAMIX LIGHTS OF BROADWAY CARDS FOR SALE OR TRADE!