|#1 (2 weeks in a row)|
The Book of Mormon
The Broadway Box Office Top 10 for the week of October 3 - 9:
1. The Book of Mormon (Musical) Eugene O'Neill Theatre (1)
2. Disney's The Lion King (Musical) Minskoff Theatre (2)
3. War Horse (Play) Vivian Beaumont (5)
4. Wicked (Musical) Gershwin Theatre (4)
5. Jersey Boys (Musical) August Wilson Theatre (3)
6. Anything Goes (Musical Revival) Stephen Sondheim Theatre (7)
7. How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying(Musical Revival)Al Hirschfeld Theatre (-)
8. Rock of Ages (Musical) Helen Hayes Theatre (8)
9. Spider-Man Turn Off the Dark (Musical) The Foxwoods Theatre (9)
10. The Phantom of the Opera (Musical) Majestic Theatre
|#7: (New to Top 10)|
How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying
|#8 (2nd week in a row)|
Rock of Ages
Biggest Increase in Attendance: Man and Boy
Biggest Drop in Attendance: Follies
(Last week's ranking in ( ) )
The Broadway Box Office Top 10 calculated it as follows:
- Each show's percentage of capacity for the week is ranked from highest (#1) to lowest (#22).
- Each show is ranked by average ticket price from highest (#1) to lowest (#22).
- Any production that showed an improved capacity is deducted 1 point.
- Any production that lost capacity had a point added to their total.
- Any show with the same capacity as the prior week received a zero.
- Any show that increased its total B.O. cash total is deducted 1 point.
- Any show that lost total B.O. cash from the prior week had a point added.
- The production with the biggest loss of capacity overall got an additional point added.
- The production with the greatest gain in capacity got an additional point deducted.
The show with the lowest total points is number 1, second lowest is number 2, all the way 22.
Rate this blog below and leave your comments here, or by email at email@example.com or Tweet me!