|(Phioto: AP/Frank Ockenfels)|
The 2012 revival cast of Evita: Ricky Martin, Michael Cerveris and Elena Roger. The production begins previews on March 12, 2012 and will open on April 5 at the Marquis Theatre. Michael Grandage directs and Rob Ashford choreographs.
NOW IN PREVIEWS ON BROADWAY:
- Other Desert Cities: Previews: October 12; Opens November 3
- Godspell: Previews: October 13; Opens November 7
- Venus in Fur: Previews: October 13; Opens November 8
- Hugh Jackman: Back on Broadway: Previews: October 25; Opens November 10
- Seminar: Previews: October 27; Opens November 20
Ch'ing.lish as seen by Squigs
- Ch'ing.lish opened at the Longacre Theatre on October 27. Its StageGrade.com average review grade is B+.
THE BIGGEST BROADWAY NEWS OF THE WEEK:
- Off-Broadway's The Fantasticks announced that Aaron Carter (Seussical, Dancing with the Stars) will take over the role of Matt on November 7.
- And super congratulations to two of my favorite Broadway people - Marc Kudisch (Thoroughly Modern Millie, The Wild Party) and Shannon Lewis (How to Succeed..., Fosse) - who got married today!
- Adam Pascal began his run as Huey in Memphis today.
- The National Tour of Green Day's American Idiot, which starts officially in Toronto on December 28, will be headed by Van Hughes (he played Johnny on Broadway, too), Jake Epstein as Will and Scott J. Campbell as Tunny. The soft launch of the tour will be December 21 and 22 in Utica, New York.
- The Tony Award competition just got two possible shows smaller. Neither Hugh Jackman:Back on Broadway nor An Evening with Patti LuPone and Mandy Patinkin will be eligible for the 2012 Tony Awards, unless the Tony Committe bestows special honors on them.
- The Mountaintop's Samuel L. Jackson has been officially named the highest-grossing film actor of all time by The Guinness Book of World Records.
- There are some big changes coming to the Foxwoods Theatre in the coming weeks. Peter Parker will have new Mary Jane Watson to love when Rebecca Faulkenberry (Rock of Ages) replaces Jennifer Damiano on November 6. And Peter Parker will have a new spiritual guide when Christina Sajous (American Idiot, Baby, It's You) becomes Arachne after T.V. Carpio exits Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark on November 13.
|They even celebrate Wicked Day in London!|
- Today is Wicked Day. Just in time for Halloween (the last eight, anyway), it is time to once again celebrate Broadway's biggest hit, Wicked, which opened 8 years ago today at the Gershwin Theatre.
Rate this blog below and leave your comments here, or by email at email@example.com, or Tweet me!